When choosing a doctor or hospital always try to use an Anthem Blue Cross Participating Provider—your coinsurance payment will be lower. Click link below to find a list of Participating Providers.
Call the doctor to schedule an appointment.
In an emergency situation go directly to the nearest hospital for treatment, or call 911 if you are unable to seek treatment yourself.
You should use providers in the PPO network whenever possible. Once you are on the Anthem Blue Cross page, select the following:
1. On the right-hard side, under “Useful Tools”, click “Find a doctor”
2. Select a state – click “California” from the pull down menu
3. Select a Plan – “Blue Cross PPO (Prudent Buyer) – Large Group”
4. Click “Select and Continue”
5. Select a provider type and specialty
6. Enter your address, ZIP code, or city and state under “Located near” and then select the number of miles you would be willing to travel to the doctor’s office
7. Click “Search”
Click link below to locate PPO Participating Providers.
If you see a doctor or are treated in a hospital, there are two ways in which payment may be handled:
1. The provider may be willing to send the claim form directly to the company. In this case, the company will bill you for any charges that your insurance does not cover; or
2. The provider may require full payment at the time of treatment. In this case, you must do the following to be reimbursed for the allowable charges:
Send all claim forms, referrals, prescriptions, laboratory tests, and any other medical treatment information/bills to:
Blue Cross – Life & Health
PO Box 60007
Los Angeles, CA 90060-0007
- You are responsible for submitting a claim in order to have your medical bills paid. Make sure you answer every question on the claim form to ensure prompt processing of your claim.
Keep copies of all your medical treatment information and documents for your records.
To check your claim status, call Anthem Blue Cross at (888) 850-4770.
View a glossary of commonly-used insurance terms, provided by the Department of Health and Human Services.