- Always visit the Student Health & Wellness Center first before receiving any treatment. Obtain a Referral Form and keep it until you are ready to submit your claim.
- When choosing a doctor or hospital always try to use a Participating Provider (PPO)—your coinsurance payment will be lower. A list of Participating Providers is available below.
- Call the doctor to schedule an appointment.
- In an emergency situation go directly to the nearest hospital for treatment, or call 911 if you are unable to seek treatment yourself.
Always visit the Student Health & Wellness Center first before receiving any treatment. Obtain a Referral Form and keep it until you are ready to submit your claim.
Location: Building A-9 (Near Lot #1 & ASO)
Phone: (310) 287-4478
If you are unable to visit the health center, you should use providers in the PPO network whenever possible. To find a PPO provider, visit www.geobluestudents.com.
Once you are on the GeoBlue page, select the following:
- On the right-hand side, under “Resource Center,” under “Find a provider,” select “U.S. Providers”
- Choose your network: BlueCard PPO Basic
- Enter your address, ZIP code, or city and state under “Located near” and then select the number of miles you would be willing to travel to the doctor’s office
- Click “GO”
Click link below to locate PPO Participating Providers.
- In most cases, the provider will submit the claim for you.
- If you are required to pay for services up front, then you will need to complete a claim form in order to be reimbursed by the insurance company.
- Download a claim form from the link below.
- Send claim form with the bills and receipts for medical treatment to:
P.O. Box 21974
Eagan, MN 55121
- Make sure you fill out the form completely so your claim will be processed promptly.
Keep copies of all the documents you submit for claims.
To check the status of a claim you submitted, call GeoBlue at (844) 268-2686.
View a glossary of commonly used insurance terms, provided by the Department of Health and Human Services.