This plan has incorporated into the coverage access to a network of medical professionals, including doctors and hospitals, known as the Preferred Provider Organization (PPO), offered through Cigna. While you are allowed to visit any provider of your choosing, if you use an in-network PPO doctor or facility, you will pay less money out-of-pocket.
Contact the provider prior to your visit to confirm their membership in the network.
The Pharmacy Benefit Manager for this plan is Express Scripts. Only prescriptions filled at Express Scripts pharmacies are covered. Walgreens, CVS, Target, Wal Mart and many other retail stores are in the Express Scripts Network. For additional stores, call 1-800-447-9638 or visit their website by clicking the link below.
Additionally, please see the Preferred Formulary list and a list of preferred drug exclusions related to this plan.
A mail order discount is available for maintenance medications (taken on a regular basis); pay two copays for each 90-day supply when using the mail order discount program. To sign up, go to the Express Scripts website (link below) and set up an online account. You can also download a mail order form through the link below that you can print out and mail in with a prescription.
Specialty medications are available only through Accredo, an Express Scripts Specialty Pharmacy. For more information, please view the Accredo Information Sheet below.
- If you go to a PPO provider, your provider will usually submit a claim to the insurance company, then bill you for the amount that the insurance didn’t cover.
Providers should submit claims electronically to PAYER ID 62308, or mail to Cigna at the following address: Cigna, P.O. Box 188061, Chattanooga, TN 37422-8061.
- In some circumstances, such as using a non-PPO provider, you may be asked to pay up-front. In this case, submit a claim for reimbursement for the portion of the charges the company is responsible for paying by sending all itemized Hospital and medical bills and prescription drug receipts, along with a completed claim form (available below) to:
Personal Insurance Administrators, Inc.
P.O. Box 6040
Agoura Hills, CA 91376-6040
- The completed claim, including all Hospital and medical bills, must be submitted for payment within 90 days after the date loss occurs, or as soon thereafter as is reasonably possible. You have the right to request an independent medical review if health care services have been improperly denied, modified, or delayed based on Medical Necessity.
Always keep a copy of all documents submitted for claims.
- If you have questions about the status of your claim after it has been submitted, please call Personal Insurance Administrators, Inc., at (800) 468-4343, Monday–Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (4:00 p.m. on Fridays) PT.
If you would like to have confidential medical information from the claims administrator sent to an address other than the address on file with the College, you can download a Confidential Communication Request, fill out the form, and send it to the address listed. This form is available below.
View a glossary of commonly used insurance terms, provided by the Department of Health and Human Services.
Get help while you are traveling
As a student participating in this Student Health Insurance Plan, you are automatically enrolled as a member in the Travel Guard travel assistance program.
Travel Guard is a comprehensive program providing you with 24/7 emergency medical assistance—including emergency evacuation and repatriation—and other travel assistance services when you are outside your home country.
These services include advice and information regarding travel documentation, immunization requirements, political/environmental warnings, and information on global weather conditions. Travel Guard can also provide information on available currency exchange rates, local bank/government holidays, and ATM and customer service locations to clients. Travel Guard also provides emergency message storage, relay, and translation services.
How to contact Travel Guard:
- Inside the U.S. and Canada: Dial (800) 626-2427 toll-free.
- Outside the U.S. and Canada: Request an international operator, ask the international operator to connect to an AT&T operator, and have the AT&T operator place a collect call to Houston, Texas, at (713) 267-2525.
Information you will need to provide to Travel Guard when you call:
- Advise Travel Guard who you are insured by.
- Provide your Policy number (CAS9149920).
- Advise Travel Guard regarding the nature of your call and/or emergency. Be sure to provide your contact information at your current location in the event Travel Guard needs to call you back.